We recently got two guinea pigs (cavies, to the enthusiast) and seeing how expensive even the smallest, most boring cages are I started to get a craft bug. After some research I found that a lot of people use these snap together wire storage cubes and then they line the bottom with anti-pill fleece. I knew I could tackle that, so this is what we ended up with.
For the bottom I didn’t use the coroplast like most people do because I couldn’t find it and since the cage is on the hardwood floor I didn’t see the purpose. I can just mop underneath when I wash the fleece.
I had a good time putting it all together. It wasn’t the type of project where you get halfway through and start questioning why you started this to begin with. Most importantly, the girls are happy in their new space!